Do you want to be a part of highly engaged team responsible for the 24/7 execution of the Maersk Africa network by working decisively with internal and external stakeholders?
As the Marine 24/7 Execution Operator you will join the Maersk Africa Liner Operations Marine team, and together with your peers assume collective responsibility for ensuring we deliver the required service delivery to our customers while operating our network at the lowest possible cost for Maersk.
• An opportunity to join an international oriented and fast-paced Marine team in the Maersk Liner Operations office in Cape Town, South Africa
• A very dynamic position with a wide range of duties as well as a unique opportunity to broaden your understanding of the key drivers behind the business and how you can influence these.
• The position will provide networking opportunities and require interaction with stakeholders both external and internal within Maersk.
• Drive Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI) and standard execution framework for the terminals in LOC coverage.
• Analyse performance of operational execution of Maersk Line operated vessels in the approach and port stay, drive performance reviews and follow-up.
• Maintain and develop excellent relationship with various stakeholders both internally and externally (with other Execution teams, Ship management, Terminal, Port Authorities, 3rd party service providers, Maersk Line vessel command, etc.)
• Engage with vessel command and coordinate with all partners in the chain (terminals, pilots and tugs) for minimization of CO2 emissions
• Uses frontline and terminal, fleet, and vessel command knowledge and expertise to enhance processes and port optimisation
• Identifies and suggest continuous improvement possibilities in the ways of working
• Prepare and share communication related to Vessel incidents at Port and Port Disruptions. Also serve as focal to initiate communication with stakeholders on other incidents outside of office hours.
• Received and pass on handover following the standard process and tools. Making sure that critical information is clearly understood and handed over.
• Together with the team, maintain tools and processes required to run a 24/7 setup, enabling a smooth and error free execution of assigned tasks
We are looking for
• Relevant tertiary degree; Seafaring background is an advantage, while the ability to interact with different cultures and communicate efficiently is a must.
• A minimum of 3 years’ working experience.
• The ideal candidate should possess a strong natural drive for results, excellent stakeholder management skills and a thorough understanding of Liner operations with proven or natural leadership skills.
• The ideal candidate should further possess a proactive and positive attitude, high enthusiasm and ability to cooperate in an open and constructive manner, with the aim of the greater good of the Company.
• Good knowledge of Marine Operations, and ability to recommend or conclude on decisions which protect at every moment Safety, Cost and Network stability.
• Proven track record of delivering and developing successful cross-functional relationships.