Health Professions Regulation and Reforms Expert, Somalie
DESCRIPTION DU POSTE
Contrat : Court-terme
Date limite de candidature : 15/03/2021
Lieu : Somalie
Projet : SOMALIA HEALTH REGULATORY LANDSCAPE ASSESSMENT
Conseil Santé was invited to present a tender to implement a World Bank-funded project in Somalia.
Alerted by the relative weakness of health sector regulations in the Somali context, the Government, through the Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH), is seeking technical assistance to carry out the Somalia Health Regulatory Landscape Assessment. In the future, this will result in the delivery of an Essential Package of Health Services (EPHS) in target geographic areas.
To this end, Conseil Santé is looking for an expert capable of implementing one of the essential components of the project, namely the Somalia Health Professions Regulatory Assessment. The expert, working in a close-knit multidisciplinary team, will bring his expertise to carry out, among other things, the following activities:
• Document current practices for registration & licensing and conduct detailed assessment of the institutional arrangements for the National Health Professional Council (NHPC), in order to make recommendations on how professionals and health institutions should harmonize the renewal of their practicing licenses regularly;
• Review the existing stakeholders and institutions related to HR regulatory functions, assess strengths and weaknesses of the Medical and other Health Professional Boards and review the linkage between the NHPC and health professional training institutions, in order to design strategies aimed at strengthening health workforce regulations and building capacity within the NHPC, while developing the needed bylaws;
• Develop a detailed technical and administrative feasibility study of the operation of regulatory bodies, and make various recommendations on how Somalia should initiate measures for the regulation of all recognized Health Professions.
A qualified expert is expected to participate in this important project for the health landscape in Somalia, lasting up to four months.
The following criteria are required for this position:
• min. 10 years of experience supporting health regulations;
• relevant references of supporting health regulatory reforms in developing countries (preferably in Somalia or in the region);
• relevant experiences related to health professions regulations: regulatory impact assessment, review/design of registration and licensing platforms;
• the expert is ideally a Medical Doctor or a Nurse Practitioner, and has substantial public health experience;
• fluent in english with excellent report writing and diplomatic skills.
REPONDRE A CETTE ANNONCE / APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Référence SOFRECO : 0S1812-LPT
Merci d'envoyer votre CV détaillé en précisant votre disponibilité à
SOFRECO - 92/98 boulevard Victor Hugo, 92115 Clichy-cedex France