Your shoes were likely made in China. Have you ever wondered how they got to your local retailer? Or what’s in that shipping container going down your local highway?
At Maersk Distribution and Warehouse Services, we know. In fact, we facilitate the distribution and movement of freight every single day.
Each of our client’s supply chain is evaluated to optimize efficiency from factory production, all the way to end user delivery. The goal is not only to minimize lead times but also to minimize inventory levels and costs, thus making the client's business more flexible.
We are currently looking to hire a WMS Super User to join our team in Lagos.
The WMS Systems Super User is responsible for translating business requirements into new features in the Maersk Warehouse and Distribution systems. You will ensure the operating procedures are aligned with any changes with an aim to ensure we meet customer requirements and compliance requirements.
We offer you an exciting global career at the forefront of world trade.
Working with the best people in a global team culture with future growth opportunities in an industry that has a significant impact on the world economy…
We’re proud of our people who define our company’s industry leadership, global team culture and customer-centric focus every day.
When you join our team you join a truly diverse, global organization in a fast-moving, values-based, work environment where you can grow on the job, create and shape our digital solutions, tap into industry-leading talent development initiatives, enjoy working with your colleagues and broaden your world view through our international job postings. We offer competitive compensation and benefits for full-time employees including health, dental and vision insurance, a 401k savings plan with an employer match and paid time-off – and our parental leave policy is recognized world-wide as one of the best in the industry.
Every company, every country wants access to a competitive shipping, logistics and port system – and our people have created one company that offers one, easy-to-use solution to all their shipping needs.
Maersk is unique
Maersk is uniquely positioned to play a significant role in global trade, creating opportunities that help countries, companies and people succeed. Our vision is simple: Maersk is the global integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying our customers’ global supply chains. We do this through the global scale of Maersk, the world’s largest shipping line; our Logistics and Services expertise that help customers manage their global supply chains; and through our port operator, APM Terminals, one of the largest container terminal operators in the world with the most strategic locations to serve global supply chains.
Join us and play an important role on our team lifting global trade every day!
• Drive warehouse and distribution community agenda
• Provide system training and user support to all facilities in Nigeria
• Own cross-dock, transload, yard management, and transportation systems and business processes
• Define and own our E2E business processes
• Drives standardization and centralization of business and system processes
• Support the development of new (digital) products
• Ensure the operational platform remains up to date based on required improvements
• Assess business and customer needs to determine system requirements
• Collaborate with operations and IT to configure systems to meet business needs and requirements
• Prioritize, plan, test, and implement new system release and developments
• Support the business during go-live events for new business and/or systems
• Ensure processes are properly documented, stored and shared to business unit through the creation of SOPs/IOPs
• Responsible for process governance and adherence to defined standard operating processes
• Other duties as needed to support the business
We are looking for
Education, Experience and Technical Skills:
•High School Diploma; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
•Will be working M-F standard hours and will need to be flexible working additional hours at night and on weekends as necessary
• 3+ years Warehouse Distribution industry experience or have a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management
• 3+ years Warehouse Management systems experience;
• Intermediate-Advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications; Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Self-starter attitude that can work with minimal supervision
• Think strategically to be able to influence others
• Able to adapt quickly to changing tasks and priorities
• Strong conceptual abilities- able to translate complex issues into ideas and actions
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with a team
• Ability to perform well with time-sensitive tasks