Your shoes were likely made in China. Have you ever wondered how they got to your local retailer? Or what’s in that shipping container going down your local highway?
At Maersk Distribution and Warehouse Services, we know. In fact, we facilitate the distribution and movement of freight every single day.
Each of our client’s supply chain is evaluated to optimize efficiency from factory production, all the way to end user delivery. The goal is not only to minimize lead times but also to minimize inventory levels and costs, thus making the client's business more flexible.
Maersk Nigeria is currently looking for a dynamic candidate to join our team in Lagos as Inventory Control Coordinator.
He/she will be responsible to ensure accurate receiving and shipping of customers' freight, maintain inventory integrity, and investigate and reconcile all inventory and shipping discrepancies. Create reports as required.
We offer you an exciting global career at the forefront of world trade.
Working with the best people in a global team culture with future growth opportunities in an industry that has a significant impact on the world economy…
We’re proud of our people who define our company’s industry leadership, global team culture and customer-centric focus every day.
When you join our team you join a truly diverse, global organization in a fast-moving, values-based, work environment where you can grow on the job, create and shape our digital solutions, tap into industry-leading talent development initiatives, enjoy working with your colleagues and broaden your world view through our international job postings. We offer competitive compensation and benefits for full-time employees including health, dental and vision insurance, a 401k savings plan with an employer match and paid time-off – and our parental leave policy is recognized world-wide as one of the best in the industry.
Every company, every country wants access to a competitive shipping, logistics and port system – and our people have created one company that offers one, easy-to-use solution to all their shipping needs.
Maersk is unique
Maersk is uniquely positioned to play a significant role in global trade, creating opportunities that help countries, companies and people succeed. Our vision is simple: Maersk is the global integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying our customers’ global supply chains. We do this through the global scale of Maersk, the world’s largest shipping line; our Logistics and Services expertise that help customers manage their global supply chains; and through our port operator, APM Terminals, one of the largest container terminal operators in the world with the most strategic locations to serve global supply chains.
Join us and play an important role on our team lifting global trade every day!
At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to: gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams
· Weekly Inventory cycles, cycle counts; reconciliation of counts
· Reconcile the returns of mis-shipped freight or customer refusals
· Identifying and reconciling inventory discrepancies in a timely manner
· Maintaining inventory reports and logs as needed, including:
· Comparison Report
· Metric Reports
· Back-up Quality Assurance Analyst functions and reporting as needed
· Coordinate the recoup or repack of damaged inventory
· Writing up the daily checks for Customers as required
· Checking freight for accurate paperwork as requested
· Reconciliation of overages, shortages and damages
· Apprising Supervisor and Customer Service Manager of any non-compliant freight
· Verifying all freight pulls, transfers, movement of freight and orders
· Assist in planning inbound and outbound loads
· Assist CSR and other staff as needed
· Cross train in other areas of the team
· Support Maersk Distribution's commitment to quality, which includes customer specific Quality program(s), training requirements and work instructions
· Special Projects as assigned
· Performs job related duties as specified by management
We are looking for
Education and Skills:
• High School Diploma; Bachelor's degree preferred
• 2+ years’ experience in inventory management and control from either a warehouse or production environment
• 2+ years ‘experience in customer service
• Basic proficiency with systems (i.e.: Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and Warehouse Management Systems, etc)