Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, ...), Projet/programme de développement
Opportunités de carrière : Aviation Assistant - Service Contract - Level 5 (WFP Yemen based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia) (139642)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Aiming to feed 13 million of the most vulnerable people with food assistance, WFP’s emergency response in Yemen is the agency’s largest anywhere in the world. WFP also provides nutrition support to 1.7 million children and mothers, and delivers school meals to 850,000 children each day.
This job is found in WFP Yemen Country Office based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and report to the Aviation Officer, or the designate.
Job holder typically specialise in either air transport or air movement, and at this level she/he work under minimal supervision taking responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holder is able to recommend straightforward courses of action to staff, and may allocate tasks and support other staff.
To perform a range of coordination and administrative activities that contribute to the safe and effective air service to the humanitarian community.
Handling Documents and Load Control
• Convey and deliver documents between the aircraft and Ground handling agent.
• Ensure preparation, sign, distribute appropriate documents such as loading instructions, load sheets, balance charts, manifests, etc., in coordination with operator and handling agent to maintain same work loop.
• Maintain good relationship with airport authorities and well represent UNHAS WFP Yemen operation in good manner.
• Respect the work of concerned authorities with no interference by UNHAS staff for the security procedures.
• Comply with the time frame scheduled for the aircraft departure and arrival, also the importance of presence prior and during the checking procedures.
Passenger and Baggage handling.
• Supervise the check-in procedures and flight dispatch activities.
• Follow UNHAS Yemen standard procedures in all passengers handling aspects. (Air Transport Manual “ATM”, Standards administrative operational procedures, Emergency Response Plan, UNHAS user guide).
• Check-in passengers in accordance with requirements and instructions issued by UNHAS Yemen operation memos and rules.
• Guide passengers from the chartered carrier’s aircraft through controls to connecting transportation and vice versa.
• Handle baggage in the baggage sorting area, deliver baggage in accordance with the local procedures in coordination with ground handling agent.
• Supervise If applicable, storage of baggage in the customs bonded store if required
• Assist passengers requiring special attention.
• Ensure Weight and tag checked and unchecked baggage.
• Ensure the conveyance of checked baggage from the baggage check-in position to the aircraft and vice-versa.
• Deal with loss, found and damaged property and report such irregularities.
• Notify the Officer in Charge at the base of complaints/claims made by passengers.
• Supervise check of passengers upon embarkation (count to be compared with messenger manifest and general declaration).
• Responsible to check out going passengers travel documents (Valid passport, Valid visa or residence, extra weight luggage-CMRs) and notify passenger which gate to report.
• Ensure to deliver and received final approved manifest and all related flight documents for each departure and arrival movement for file in office records.
• Report all airport occurrences and admin issues to UNHAS Addis Officer in Charge in charge.
• Send Flight movement MSG for departure and arrival according procedure.
• Ensure teamwork in all matters.
• Carry out any other duties as directed by Officer in Charge.
1. Attendance. Standby before arrival and after departure and general supervision of ramp handling activities.
Safety and Security Management
1. Report immediately to the Officer in Charge Addis base, all damage noticed at or inside the aircraft irrespective of cause or time of occurrence.
2. Monitor aircraft operations and performance, identify and report any likely hazard(s) and operational risk(s) which could affect the continued safe operations of aircraft.
Moving of Aircraft.
Supervise and accurately record the actual time of chocks on/off, aircraft taxing, takeoff and landing.
Refueling of Aircraft.
Supervise the provision of fuel for aircraft and ensure that aircraft are refueled in time to satisfy scheduled departures and designated take-off times and verify the amount of fuel delivered into the aircraft.
Perform other duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : Completion of secondary school education. Post-secondary certificate in air traffic control, flight dispatch, aeronautical engineering or related field is essential.
Expiereince : Four years of progressive work experience in the air transport or air movement field or related area.
Language : Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
• Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
• Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
• Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
• Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
• Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
• Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
• Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
• Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
• Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
• Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
• Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
• Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
• Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
• Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
• Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
• Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Capability NameDescription of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Supply Chain Management and OptimizationDisplays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.
Planning, Project & Resource ManagementSupports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.
Information Management & ReportingCollates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.
Service Provision, Aviation Contracting & Operational ExecutionSupports the negotiation of contracts with third parties by collecting and collating necessary information to enable WFP to make informed decisions.
Aviation Performance Measurement & Quality ControlDemonstrates commitment to carrying out individual activities related to aviation in compliance with WFP's operating standards to make safe and responsible decisions within own scope of work.
Specialized Technical Knowledge in Aviation, Safety and SecurityUses aviation systems to monitor operational, safety and security issues in WFP’s aviation services such as airlift and airdrop operations, evacuation flights, and other chartered flight operations.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience in restricted flying zones, and other aviation risks and assisting in flight planning.
• Experience in handling passenger manifests and aircraft loading.
• Experience in interpreting routine weather reports.
• Experience in basic flight following and radio telephony procedures.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• WFP is an equal opportunity employer.
• WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
• The applicant should be an Ethioipan national.
• Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
• Applications must be submitted online with:
1. English language only.
2. Indicate all your job TOR.
3. Indicate clear years of experience with each job (month/year).
• By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
• Successful candidates vetted as viable candidates through the application process will be retained on internal roster for a two-years period and may be given further consideration for future similar specific position advertised in the duty station.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
March 8, 2021
WFP never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always is free of charge. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff are made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
لا يقوم برنامج الأغذية العالمي بالاستعانة ابداً بأشخاص او بوكالات خارجية في التوظيف، علماً بان عملية التوظيف دائماً مجانية. يبحث برنامج الأغذية العالمي عن مرشحين من أعلى درجات النزاهة والكفاءة المهنية والذين يتقاسمون مبادئنا الإنسانية.
يتم اختيار الموظفين على أساس تنافسي ونحن ملتزمون بتعزيز التنوع والتوازن بين الجنسين. سيتم النظر فقط للمتقدمين الذين تفي ملفاتهم الشخصية بمتطلبات الوظيفة المعلن عنها، وفقط خلال الموعد النهائي المعلن
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.