Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, ...), Projet/programme de développement
Opportunités de carrière : Project Coordinator (Consultant)_(Re-Advertisement) (131559)
POSITION TITLE : Project Coordinator (Consultant)_Re-Advertisement
ORG UNIT : RBD, Nutrition Unit
DUTY STATION : Dakar, Senegal with frequent travel in the region, especially Central Sahel (Burkina Faso, Mali and Niger).
In West and Central Africa, several factors threaten the food security and nutritional status of the population, but especially of women and children under five. These include household food insecurity, conflicts and armed violence, population displacement, high levels of childhood illnesses and water-borne diseases such as diarrhea, fragile health systems, poor access to clean water and sanitation, and chronic poverty.
In May 2020, the number of food insecure people in the Central Sahel was estimated at 4,8 million, of which 1,6 million, or one third, in the Liptako Gourma area. The nutrition situation is equally worrying with an estimated number of 2,8 million wasted children, of which close to 40% in the Liptako Gourma area.
In this region, a combination of humanitarian, development and peacebuilding interventions are being implemented and complement each other. This nexus of short-term (emergency response) and medium-to long term programming (development approach) is essential to ensure the appropriate balance between emergency response to acute shocks and strengthening of systems so resilience of nations, systems, communities and populations to new future shocks is improved.
The CRIALCES – ( Réponse à la CrIse ALimentaire au Centre Sahel : support nutritionnel et relèvement ) project aims to reverse the negative trend with regards to economic and job opportunities as well as the nutrition status of women and children in the targeted areas in Burkina Faso, Mali and Niger. Building on existing initiatives, it will contribute to the sustainable development of food- and nutrition security in selected communities in order to reinforce their capacities to prevent and mitigate impact of disasters and crises. To reach these objectives, the CRIALCES – project will apply a food systems approach, reinforcing simultaneously the food production, preservation, processing and consumption of nutritious foods at local, decentralised and national levels.
Under the supervision of the Senior Regional Nutrition Advisor and in close coordination with relevant technical colleagues in RBD and CO’s (Monitoring, Evaluation, VAM, Nutrition, BPU, Supply Chain, etc.), the Project Coordinator will be responsible to oversee day–to-day operational details (follow up on programme plans, expenditures, reporting, risk-management etc.), including ensuring support to timely execution of project activities within the allocated budget, strategic development and implementation of the programme.
This includes, in close coordination with relevant technical colleagues in RBD and CO’s:
Technical Leadership and Management
• Lead high quality, results-oriented programme and budget planning, implementation support and reporting in compliance with donor and WFP agreements and procedures.
• Oversee the design, implementation and maintenance of monitoring and evaluation tools and frameworks.
• Design and oversee the management of systems and processes consistent with programme needs and in accordance with donor’s and WFP planning cycles.
• Lead on risk management, mitigation and scenario-planning for the programme
• Work collaboratively, anticipate and overcome challenges or potential challenges faced in the implementation of this programme.
• Lead strategic positioning analyses and dissemination; ensure the integration of these into ongoing and future programming and lessons learned, as relevant.
• Synergy, Communication and Coordination
• Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with all colleagues involved at RBD and CO-level.
• Ensure that agreed roles and responsibilities of all stakeholders are fulfilled in a timely manner and as per agreed quality standards.
• Facilitate relevant committees and meetings, incl. regular coordination meetings in accordance with the governance structure agreed by RBD and CO’s.
• Act as primary Focal Point (External/Internal):
• Serve as liaison on administrative and technical matters.
• Ensure briefs are made available for a variety of audiences (internal/external), as needed.
• Represent WFP and overall programme interests at national and regional meetings, workshops, and conferences, and promote the program at the national and regional level, occasionally/as required.
Human Resources Management
• Lead and manage a Programme Management Unit (PMU) to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment, capacity, and teamwork.
• Plan; set priorities; organise; assign and coordinate tasks; keep deadlines; handle details; keep track records for accountability purposes; report.
SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Knowledge & Skills :
• Master’s degree in statistics, social sciences, nutrition, public health, logistics, procurement, food technology, economics, business administration, international programme management or related field
• At least 10 years of successful experience in an international setting (ideally humanitarian and development).
• Management and Leadership skills: demonstrable successful experience managing projects and teams effectively.
• Experience working with private and public sectors, as well as civil society.
• Experience in national capacity strengthening programmes/projects is an asset, ideally on national supply chain systems and/or food systems.
• Experience with UN, including at Country Office-level, is an asset.
• Good communication, writing and facilitation skills;
• Flexibility and adaptability;
• Analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Interpersonal and cross-cultural sensitivity;
• Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
• Able to work in a sometimes fluid and insecure environment
• Fluency in English and French is required (Level C - reading, writing, speaking)