APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
• APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best.
• An opportunity to be part of a high performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
• Manages the general maintenance of light/heavy motor vehicles and busses, and ensure that repair and general maintenance is carried out according to standards.
• Carries out quality control and inspection to ensure the vehicles are maintained to standard.
• Coordinates the work assignments among the various sections and subcontractors (vehicle workshop, equipment control, and fabrication/welding) so that schedules are met and motor vehicles and busses are maintained to standard.
• Provides accurate information and reports on daily equipment availability and repair status to General Manager Engineering.
We are looking for
• Preferable a university degree in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum 5 years of general supervisory experience in vehicle and/or equipment maintenance section in transportation/logistics industry. In addition, requires at least three years of supervisory experience for a technical work group.
• Requires knowledge of wide range of automotive electrical and mechanical equipment, and their controls.
• Requires knowledge and ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics for various automotive types and engines.
• Requires a high level of understanding of quality control and management.
• Requires a good understanding supervisory/management principles.
• Must be able to trouble shoot / diagnose / identify mechanical and electrical problems, and provide direction for solutions.
• Must be able to demonstrate leadership and influencing skills.
• Must be able to exercise good judgment in order to set priorities.
• Requires intermediate verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
• Requires exceptional time management, due to fast-moving, demanding work environment.