Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, ...), Projet/programme de développement
OXFAM RECRUTS A HEAD OF OFFICE RABUNI - SAHRAWIS REFUGEE CAMPS (SOUTH ALGERIA)
Full-time fixed-term contract of one year.
Contract is renewable depending on funding.
In order to manage Oxfam program and teams in the Sahrawi refugee camps, Oxfam is recruiting a Head of Office based in Tindouf / Rabouni, in southern Algeria.
I - Context: Oxfam-Solidarité – a Belgian development and humanitarian aid NGO, is a member of Oxfam International, which is a confederation of 19 Oxfam’s networked together in 94 countries, as part of a global movement for change, to build a future free from the injustice of poverty. To this end, Oxfam-Solidarité associates with other organizations in the South and conducts awareness, advocacy and campaigns activities in the North. Since 2009, the Oxfam confederation has accelerated its harmonization process working towards ‘one voice and one program in a single management structure.
For over 40 years, Oxfam has been running humanitarian aid and development projects in the Saharawi refugee camps near the Algerian city of Tindouf. In collaboration with local partners and with the financial support of several donors, Oxfam will continue its activities which are structured around 3 axes: - (1) Food security (distribution of fresh products, agriculture, etc.) - (2) Resilience projects with a special focus on youth - (3) Communication activities and humanitarian advocacy
II – Job purpose Reporting to the Oxfam Country Director (CD), the Head of Office is responsible for the oversight and management of the Oxfam team and program in the Sahrawi refugee camps in Tindouf. You work in collaboration with the various managers (thematic, institutional and administrative-financial partnerships) at the regional level, in Brussels, as well as with the administrative and financial field coordinator.
III – Tasks and Responsibilities
▪ You ensure continuous support focused on implementation of the humanitarian and development program’s quality, while coordinating the team in the field:
- You prepare the briefings and ensure proper planning of the team’s tasks;
- You support project managers in the implementation of procedures, activity management and program.
▪ You coordinate the management of programs in collaboration with the regional platform, as well as the different affiliates invested in the country. In close collaboration with the various project managers and the CD:
- You oversee the humanitarian program’s development by following Oxfam-Solidarité's strategic guidelines and Oxfam International's joint strategy, identifying and proposing new partnerships to Oxfam-Solidarité;
- You are responsible for the supervision and the qualitative implementation of the humanitarian program;
- You prepare project amendments;
- You are responsible for the quality and timeliness of reports / proposals sent to the CD and Headquarters and are therefore responsible to:
➢ Support and participate in the development of funding proposals and project writing;
➢ Ensure / support the preparation of interim and final reports on time for institutional donors.
▪ You monitor the activities, in close collaboration with the different project managers; - You establish a coherent and effective system for monitoring activities;
- You ensure the application of the monitoring system and the quality of the implementation of Oxfam programs in Sahrawi refugee camps;
- You supervise the data collection and their analysis in relation to the capitalization activities of experiences and learning;
- You communicate the relevant information for strategic / sectoral reflection on the programming;
- You oversee program development by following Oxfam's strategic guidelines;
- You report the evolution of activities to the CD and to affiliates.
▪ You participate in budget and HR monitoring of programs in accordance with the procedures established by Oxfam in collaboration with the administrative and financial coordinator and the CD.
- You participate, in close collaboration with the regional platform, the financial coordinator, and the CD, in the preparation of the annual budget;
- With the support of the administrative and financial Coordinator, you ensure the budget follow-up of the various projects by their managers;
- You participate in the staff recruitment process;
- You supervise the teams and conduct the performance interviews and performance appraisals of the technical staff.
▪ You represent Oxfam in the camps in the absence of the CD:
- You liaise and participate in coordination with international actors, in relation with humanitarian program, the development program and the advocacy program;
- You attend meetings with political delegations visiting the camps and inform them about the humanitarian situation in Oxfam's areas of intervention;
- You ensure regular communication with donors present in the field;
- You ensure the link, the coordination and the good communication with the local authorities;
- You represent Oxfam during events;
- You ensure regular monitoring of the security situation and ensure compliance with the safety rules by the teams.
IV - Profil ▪ You have a university degree or equivalent experience;
▪ You have a good knowledge of the humanitarian aid and development sectors;
▪ You have knowledge of donors reporting rules; ▪ You have knowledge of project monitoring and methodological tools MEL;
▪ You have good knowledge in project cycle management and team management;
▪ You demonstrated good synthesis, analytical and editorial skills;
▪ You have 3 years of practical experience, including field experience, in the field of humanitarian cooperation;
▪ You are fluent in English, as well as Spanish or Arabic. French is an asset;
▪ You have experience in team management;
▪ Knowledge of food security and / or nutrition is an asset;
▪ You demonstrate a great capacity for leadership and motivation of multidisciplinary teams, in an isolated area and under difficult climatic conditions.
V - Offer
▪ Place of work: Tindouf / Rabuni - South Algeria.
▪ Salary based on Oxfam’s salary scales (depending on relevant experience)
▪ Full-time fixed-term contract of one year. Contract is renewable depending on funding.
▪ Starting date: March 2019.
Interested? Kindly send us your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org until 15th January 2019, with the reference “Head of Office - Tindouf”. For Oxfam, the equality of opportunities is very important. Candidates are therefore selected based on their qualities and capacities, without account of their age, origin or sex.