Opportunités de carrière : Head of Supply Chain, Fixed Term NOA (644967)
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This Job is located in Zambia CO, and report to the Deputy Country Director. he or she will receive guidance and regular feedback on work performed which is essential to facilitate learning, self-development and possible assumption of expanded responsibilities. At this level, the job holder is typically a “contributor”, works closely with a more experienced professional staff member, carries out analytical work and comes up with recommendations on supply chain related matters.
To provide analytics and contributions to the supply chain activities or/and contribute to field supply chain operations, following an effective and integrated supply chain approach meeting the food assistance needs of beneficiaries and service provision requirements for partners.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Contribute to the development and implementation of supply chain plans and procedures, in line with the global WFP supply chain strategy and regional/functional strategies, policies and plans, to achieve operational cost efficiency, agility, reliability, quality and to support national capacity strengthening.
2. Contribute to country context analyses and management of end-to-end operational supply chain and retail networks, in order to support addressing operational supply chain challenges and obtaining operational optimization.
3. Contribute to the implementation of supply chain operations, initiatives and services to ensure a timely, cost-effective and integrated approach with core activities and services.
4. Collect and analyze data and put together reports highlighting opportunities for improvement and effective operationalization of supply chain within the area of responsibility.
5. Conduct portions of financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out recommendations to the supervisor for maximizing use of resources and effectiveness of supply chain operations.
6. Partner at the operational level and collaborate with counterparts in the key supply chain functions contributing to an integrated supply chain approach to food assistance and cross-functional operational alignment.
7. Conduct portions of market analysis and supply chain network mapping for the review of the supervisor, to support wider analytics on the selection of an appropriate operation modalities to improve supply chain performance.
8. Support supply chain projects or operational day-to-day activities in compliance with the established supply chain strategies, policies, procedures and controls, and following corporate standards, contributing to quality control, loss prevention, risk mitigation and cost effectiveness.
9. Support monitoring supply chain activities to check that appropriate internal controls are followed to increase the day-to-day efficiencies and overall performance of supply chain operations.
10. Support management of service providers/vendors, port, fleet and warehouse operations to promote safe, efficient planning and execution of WFP operations.
11. Prepare accurate and timely reports or support preparation of complex reports, dashboards and other visual materials on supply chain activities for supervisor’s review to contribute to informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
12. Guide support staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
13. Contribute to preparedness actions and support quick emergency response to deploy food and resources at the onset of the crisis.
14. Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must demonstrate a minimum of 5 years progressively responsible experience at management/leadership level in supply chain activities including experience coordinating supply chain activities in a multi-cultural environment, with other units/ teams and organizations.
Advanced University degree preferably in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Logistics, or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
Fluency in English language (both spoken and written)
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Experience in analysing operational context and trends;
Experience in supporting analytical and conceptual work on supply chain strategy and implementation;
Experience in designing plans and operational scenarios in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders.
Experience in analysing end-to-end supply chain operations;
Experience working with supply chain information systems;
Experience in troubleshooting and solving operational issues.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
Look for ways to strengthen people's skills : Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
Capability NameDescription of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Supply Chain StrategyDemonstrates understanding of supply chain strategies and corporate frameworks. Supports analytical and conceptual work on supply chain strategy and implementation.
Supply Chain & Networks ManagementDemonstrates robust understanding of end-to-end supply chain management. Supports the design and implementation of supply chain, retail and partnership networks.
Supports the design and integrated delivery of supply chain services.
Supply Chain Capacity StrengtheningDemonstrates robust understanding of supply chain capacity strengthening in operational contexts. Implements capacity development initiatives in own area of responsibility.
Supply Chain Performance & DevelopmentSupports integrated supply chain information management and conducts advanced Supply Chain and performance analytics. Contributes to supply chain improvement and innovation initiatives.
Supply Chain PlanningDemonstrates robust understanding of supply chain planning in operational contexts. Designs plans and operational scenarios in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders. Leverages expert intelligence and system data to conduct planning analytics.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for Applications is 30th March 2023, mid-night.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.