We are currently looking to hire a candidate to take up the exciting role of Contract Logistics Project Manager in Dakar.
The Contract Logistics Project Manager is responsible for developing new contract logistics (Depot and Warehouse) products and expanding footprint to meet customer needs. The aim of the role is to build and drive business cases, identify new sites, manage project implementation (greenfield or brownfield), and handover operations to site manager. Close collaboration with the relevant product managers is critical in this role, hence strong stakeholder management skills are crucial.
When you join Maersk, you’ll find that the world is your workplace. You’ll work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things.
We believe in individual performance within highly professional teams supported by our distinctive values. To us teamwork means acceptance, respect, dedication and the idea that we can achieve more when we all pull together.
Living our values means competing in the market place in an ethical way so our name is synonymous with being a credible and valuable business partner. Through Constant Care and Humbleness we strive to prepare for the future, while never forgetting that our customers and competitors are key to our ability to improve.
In our daily work Uprightness and Our Employees mean that transparency and accountability in everything we do go hand in hand with being an inspiring, challenging place to work. At Maersk, we take pride in hiring the best person for the job – irrespective of gender, age, nationality or religious belief.
Responsible for Contract Logistics product development
• Based on the area strategy (business plan), customer needs and commercial parameters, identify new sites/facilities to expand warehouse or container depot footprint
• Ensure necessary licenses and permits are in place for contract logistics development
• Manage contract logistics development including building business cases, obtaining approval and managing project implementation
Support Depot and WND Product Managers
• Contribute to develop depot and warehouse product strategy.
• Ensure Area pricing process comply with Global governance.
• Contribute to development of value proposition for new opportunities.
• Drive the development of business cases for investments in line with global and regional requirements
• Once business case approved, drive implementation of projects
• Manage project resource in an effective and efficient manner to meet objectives
• Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
• Track project costs, monitor progress, and make adjustment as needed to meet budget
We are looking for
• Project management experience
• Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
• Strong analytical skills and business acumen
• Strong commercial and supply chain knowledge
• Ability to work across different cultures and thought processes
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Working in a structured manner
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
For more information please contact:
A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world. For more information: https://www.maersk.com