We are calling for a highly experienced and motivated Project Manager: HSSE Integration, with a strong background in collaboration and integration in Projects.
The successful candidate will manage the different aspects of HSSE Integration in preparation for a Joint Venture as a project, ensuring that HSSE strategy, policies, procedures, systems etc is fully integrated and aligned to the larger HSSE approach.
This will involve building strong, effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, including at senior levels. The incumbent will be using his/her communication, subject matter expertise and project management skills in order to reach important milestones.
It is initially a fixed-term contract (one year) and the incumbent will also support and participate in any new Global & Regional Improvement Projects that may take place during this contract, including the communication, sharing and implementation of outcomes.
An exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business setting characterized by high pace and diversity.
You will get to focus on creating valuable relations and work with highly-professional teams in an environment where you will be valued, recognized and well-rewarded.
Moreover, you will expand your business network and enrich your market and product knowledge while contributing to the continuous success of the Southern Africa and Islands Area.
The HSSE Project Integration Manager is part of the Project Leadership Team, and plays a critical role in bridging organizational and process gaps between the early stage gates and the strategic decisions that have been made, with those that need to be made, during all stages of the project, including any transitional aspects. The incumbent shall follow a coherent, consistent reference framework that guides project decisions and processes, including:
- Formalized project phases and checkpoints;
- Clear accountabilities within the integrated project team;
- Checks and balances between central functions and project teams;
- Continuous review to measure and monitor risk;
- Continuous stakeholder engagement and alignment;
- Coordination of Best Practices and Lessons Learned and Benchmarking plans;
- Help develop the HSSE project work plan, focus on day to day project issues and activities and execute the integrated work plan;
- Provide work direction to team members, meet regularly with team members, balance workloads, monitor and ensure quality work;
- Responsibility for setting up Performance Management activities, and facilitating monthly performance meetings;
- Provide high quality coaching to Operational and Leadership teams to build their understanding of their responsibilities and impact on control effectiveness and behaviors;
- Collaborate to embed HSSE into the Project and upskill on safety differently with Teams;
- Drive engagement and continuous HSSE improvement, through observation, reinforcement of real-time feedback regarding HSSE risks and behaviors; and
- Work collaboratively to create an environment where HSSE risks are identified early and respond in advance of an event to prevent adverse outcomes.
We are looking for
- 4+ years experience at a senior level
- Formal qualification in HSSE such as Nebosh IGC, Nebosh Diploma or similar is required
- Qualification or certification in Project Management - an advantage
- Environmental competence. Knowledge of NEMA (South African National Environmental Management Act 107/98) - an advantage
- Knowledge of ISO standards and certification – beneficial
- Strong personal commitment to Health, Safety, Security and Environment
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a virtual team
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects and due dates
- Excellent group, process facilitation and coaching skills