Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, ...), Projet/programme de développement
Operations Associate, G-6, #108797, Kano, Nigeria
Job no: 544638
Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
Categories: Operations and Business Management
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
How can you make a difference?
Work involves the full range of operational and administrative support activities. Duties involve in-depth treatment of activities in the functional area. The incumbent’s work has a bearing on the entire section and work output and in providing regional operational oversight and technical support operational activities.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
1. Responsible for the proper upkeep, maintenance and/or replacement of office premises, office furniture and equipment to ensure that they are in appropriate and good working conditions for all staff and in line with budgetary limitations. Prepare all corporate and individual SSAs for these services including SSAs for programme activities. Ensure that there is always an adequate supply of non-expendable property and maintain accurate control of the inventory and participate in their physical verification.
2. Provide operational and administrative support activities for the organization of internal management and operational meetings such Operations Meetings, CRC Meetings, annual reviews, work planning meetings, workshops, Heads of Unites meetings and operations section meetings as well as recording of minutes and/or notes at such meetings.
3. Arrange for airport pickups, hotels and all other matters relating to the reception of staff and visitors. Assist in giving logistical support for meetings, workshops and training courses. Arrange for the issuance of travel requests and authorisations to staff and government counterparts, provide tickets, DSA in accordance with rules and maintain the necessary records.
4. Assist in providing briefing, advice and information to all categories of staff covering HR, Supply, Administrative and HR rules, procedures and policies, including drafting replies to queries from the Abuja Office and staff. Prepare on own initiative, correspondence, reports, briefing, etc. on HR and other operations matters, some of a confidential nature.
5. Supervise the work of the Drivers, and Operations Assistant who are staff members in addition co-ordinate the work of Cleaners through corporate SSAs.
6. Assist to ensure an effective communication system (telephone, telex, fax, radio etc) in the office, ensure that all related bills are paid promptly and charges for private calls are collected from staff.
7. On a periodic basis, review the personnel filing system and recommend appropriate adjustments and improvement to ensure easy retrieval and optimal benefit from the system. Maintain and update operational, policy, management and confidential files and records;, search, collate and, prepare abstracts of information which may be required from time to time and prepare background material for operational and management meetings as well as maintaining policy, confidential and general management files.
8. Make travel arrangements for the supervisor and other Unit staff and perform liaison duties with other sections/units. This entails following up on TAs, making the bookings, arranging for the visas, airport transfers, accommodation, etc, Prepare briefing materials for the supervisor for use on official trips on special meetings/workshops.
9. Organize supervisor’s appointments maintain supervisor’s calendar, schedule appointments and meetings, screen and visitors, place and screens calls and respond to queries with discretion. Administer travel arrangements of supervisor, initiate travel processes, follow up and conclude all related travel processes and documents.
10. Prepares, on own initiative, correspondence, reports, evaluations and justifications, as required, on general operational and administrative issue and specialized tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility and ensures follow-up action.
11. Liaise with the country office and support requests relating to HR Admin. Supply and Finance activities as may be requested.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Education: First university Degree or its equivalent in any course under Management Science or Social Sciences.
Experience: Minimum of six (6) years experience including progressively responsible work in office administration and human resources.
Language requirements: Fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of one other UN working language and working language of the duty station, an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are...
Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (1)
Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
Works Collaboratively with others (1)
Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
Drives to achieve impactful results (1)
Applying Technical Expertise
Planning and Organizing
Following Instructions & Procedures
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Deadline: 29 Sep 2021 W. Central Africa Standard Time