Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, ...), Projet/programme de développement
Opportunités de carrière : Monitoring Assistant SC4_WFP Algeria/Tindouf (3 vacant positions) (142513)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : Completion of secondary school education.
Language : Fluency (level C) in both oral and written communication in French and/or English. Fluency (level C) or intermidiate knowledge (level B) in Arabic
Years of experience : 2 (Two) years
In WFP Algeria, the job holders report directly to the National Programme Associate and under indirect supervision of the Head of RAM (Monitoring & Evaluation Officer). The reporting lines may change depending on the size of the office.
At this level work is carried out under minimum supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate technical work and reports. They may provide guidance on standard practices to other staff and counterparts in their area of work.
To perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area (Western Refugees Camps) and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Coordinate and monitor the implementation of the food assistance programs (GFD, nutrition, school feeding and livelihood complementary activities) for Sahrawi refugees living in the refugee camps, in close collaboration with partners and the community.
• Monitor and review the food movements such as food dispatches and distributions at the distribution sites. Verify if the amounts received in term of quantity and quality have been properly recorded and provide feedback to the Programme Associate and others on the distribution;
• Monitor nutrition activities in close consultation with local authorities and relevant partners. Monitor school feeding activities in all schoolsFollow up and monitor WFP’s livelihood projects with partners. Collect monthly monitoring data including market prices.
• Enter all monitoring data collected (PDM, onsite GD/Nut/SF questionnaires) in MDCA system using tablets.Prepare the distributions information for reconciliation with LESS (Logistics Execution Support System) to ensure transparency in monitoring and distributions processes.
• Report monthly on concerns and comments from refugees and cooperating partners to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations. Document good operational practices and any concerns regarding gender and protection observed on ground.
• Prepare monthly Actual vs Planned report and prepare monthly the food sector meeting documentation including distribution report, monthly distribution data, arrivals and loans and repayments.
• Contribute to missions, market assessments, donor’s missions, rapid need assessments, Food security assessment, nutrition surveys.
• Participate and organize events at the camps with the refugees and partners such as World Food Day, International Women’s Day, Drawing competition and other events
• Ensure WFP visibility in all the assisted sites. Participate in WFP sensitization and awareness activities when required.
• Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance.
• Perform any other programme tasks.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
• Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
• Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
• Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
• Make our mission visible in everyday actions : Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
• Look for ways to strengthen people's skills : Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
• Create an inclusive culture : Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
• Be a coach & provide constructive feedback : Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
• Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit : Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
• Encourage innovation & creative solutions : Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
• Focus on getting results : Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
• Make commitments and make good on commitments : Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
• Be Decisive : Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
• Connect and share across WFP units : Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
• Build strong external partnerships : Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
• Be politically agile & adaptable : Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
• Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships : Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Capability NameDescription of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Strategic ManagementDisplays basic understanding of WFP’s policies and strategies to perform monitoring and/or evaluation activities and their inter-relationship.
Performance ManagementApplies knowledge of WFP’s performance management system to manage resources and relationships to undertake monitoring actions or deliver straightforward evaluations of operations, programmes, or processes to WFP monitoring and/or evaluation quality standards.
Qualitative/Quantitative MethodologyUnderstand and applies an appropriate mix of established methods and data collection tools to monitoring, reviews or straightforward evaluations, in line with WFP’s strategic and operational results frameworks (metrics), WFP guidance and technical standards.
Data Analytics and VisualizationCollects and summarizes programme data, including information on shipments, distribution site logistics, the status of personas in need, and beneficiaries planned and reached for all programme assistance modalities and activities.
Programme Monitoring and ReviewGathers, organizes, and provides data on programme outputs, processes, and outcomes, including distribution plans and the status, quantity, and quality of food and cash distributed and technical assistance provided.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has experience analysing programme output and outcome data.
• General knowledge of WFP monitoring and evaluation systems and standards.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Contract Type : Service Contract (SC), 12 months (Renewable)
• Remuneration : As per SC salary scales
• Duty Station : Tindouf - Algeria
• This position is open only to Algerian Citizens
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
No later than : June, 15 2021
Female applicants and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply
Candidates from Tindouf and surrouding areas are strongly encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.