Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, ...), Projet/programme de développement
Opportunités de carrière : Helper (Porter) SC1, Kadugli (142146)
JOB POSTING INFORMATION :
Opening date : 04th May 2021
Closing date : 17th May 2021
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity & gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s team in mutliple duty stations and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused services? Are you ready to partner with all staff and external clients to deliver effective office helper services that will enable WFP to change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for experienced Helper (Porter), to join our team in our field office in Kadugli , Sudan, to be hired on a Service Contract Appointment Contract at SC 1 level.
ABOUT WFP :
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 7.8 million people assisted in 2020. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for the UN WFP, is currently rolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Perform basic maintenance of outdoor/indoor environments, to keep them clean, well-organised and in a good condition.
2. To provide general Office Messenger servies to the office
3. Provide support in loading/offloading and moving office equipment, furniture, baggage and other items for efficient site maintenance services.
4. Support preparation and delivery of food and beverages, arrange for basic refurbishment and maintenance of kitchen area and equipment to facilitate efficient service.
5. Provide laundry services including basic maintenance of related equipment, to ensure that WFP office and guesthouse items are clean.
6. Provide efficient cleaning services including kitchens and toilets to ensure clean, hygienic and well-organised working environment
7. To perform any other related duties.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : This position has no specific requirements for education, however completion of secondary school education is an advantage.
Experience : one year or more of office helper work experience.
Language : Intermediate knowledge of English and Arabic languages.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Knowledge of basic equipment and use of cleaning materials/solution.
• Ability to operate and maintain equipment and supplies related to work in a good working condition.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions and meet the deadlines.
• High sense of responsibility and initiative.
• Punctuality, honesty and integrity.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• Ability to work in a team
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS :.
Closing date : 17th May 2021
• Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
• WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process
• WFP has zero tolerance with discrimination and does not discriminate to HIV/AIDS status.
• This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals and those authorized to live and work in Sudan according to Sudanese regulations.