Closing Date :5/15/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty and promoting shared prosperity. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visitwww.worldbank.org.
Key role and responsibilities of Administrative Assistant include: The Administrative Assistant, mapped to the CMU, will work as part of the Administrative and Resource Management staff in the Tanzania Country Office. Under the general supervision of the Operations Manager, and the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer, the Administrative Assistant would carry out the following functions:
Facilities Management and General Office administration
• Work closely with the Resource Management Officer in implementing the scheduled improvements, repair and maintenance to the offices in Dar es Salaam and Dodoma. Day to day duties include:
• Responsible for all office facilities, including office buildings, generators, office surroundings and other office equipment, ensuring that all facilities are in good working order.
• Working closely with the Building Manager to ensure regular and proper maintenance of office facilities
• Responsible for supervision of Office Assistants to ensure day to day checking of plumbing, electrical, carpentry and structural systems, detecting any faults and taking appropriate action
• Ensuring that contracts for office equipment maintenance and repairs are in place and valid at all times.
• Regular supervision of staff from cleaning contractor to ensure that they carry out their duties as per contract
• Ensuring that acceptable services is provided by vendors for office cleaning, air-conditioners maintenance, equipment maintenance and fire & safety equipment
• Contacting pre-approved vendors for electrical, plumbing, civil, carpentry and other works for maintenance and repairs, ensuring that works are carried out in good time whenever required and certifying the work done before recommending payment to RMO
Protocol and Relocation Assistance Responsibilities:
• Responsible for protocol services and support to International staff relocating to and from Tanzania Country Office. Day to day duties will include:
• Providing protocol services whenever we have high level VIP visitors to Tanzania, provide meet-greet-assist services at the airport, ensuring airport passes are valid, liaising with Ministry of Foreign Affairs for access to the VIP lounge and facilitation of documents required for charter flights
• Responsible for keeping track of note verbal from Ministry of Foreign Affairs, keeping track of the communication and drafting responses as necessary
• Responsible for processing work permits and residence permits for IRS and their eligible dependents through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
• Responsible for processing of work permits for eligible ST staff as approved by Management through the Ministry of Labor and Immigration department
• Link with the Global Mobility Team under HR to provide any Tanzania specific information that may be required from time to time
• Participate in pre-assignment briefing in order to understand needs for relocating staff
• Coordinate with the destination services provider in Tanzania hired by Global Mobility Unit to ensure effective provision of services to WBG staff relating to house search, school search, familiarization with city facilities such as hospitals, shopping malls, child care centers, places of worship, recreation centers and other places of interest as requested by relocating staff
• Responsible for facilitating Bank account opening and acquisition of driver’s license
• Responsible for facilitation of clearance of IRS personal effects as well as importation of vehicles, ensuring the vehicles are dully registered and registration details updated in the data base
• Facilitate exit of relocating staff, ensuring that departing staff handover diplomatic ID and vehicles pates which are properties of the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania
• Develop and update useful relocation resources e.g. list of electricians, plumbers, maid referrals and useful addresses etc.
Other Administrative Responsibilities
• Responsible for ensuring that appropriate office supplies of the right quality and quantity are procured, stored and made available to staff as and when required
• Responsible for drafting of visa letters for staff and other travelers on WBG funded trips
• Supervision of asset management function and to ensure that accurate list of assets in storage is maintained
• Participation in Administrative Procurement review committee and tracking of contract expiry dates for all administrative contracts in the office
• Day to day supervision of Office Assistant and Administrative Assistant to ensure they provide optimal support for processing of documents with the Authorities such as PROC6, IDs, permits and driver’s license
This is a high-profile position that requires interaction with staff at all levels in the organization. We are looking for a self-motivated, qualified and experienced staff capable of working with minimal supervision. Ideal candidate should possess the following:
• A college diploma or higher in Business administration, Commerce, Facilities Management, Logistics or related field with over five years of experience or a suitable combination of education and years of experience
• Experience dealing with Tanzania Government departments on Protocol, Immigration and shipping matters for International organizations is an added advantage
• Previous experience is a Multinational organization is an added advantage
Core Technical Knowledge & skills
• Technology & systems knowledge – Demonstrate advanced knowledge and experience working with Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc). Has ability and willingness to maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
• Project and task management – Exhibit good organization, problem solving & analytical skills. Ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrate attention to details and ability to manage & satisfactorily complete multiple tasks within agreed schedule
• Institutional policies, processes and procedures – Demonstrate knowledge of own Department’s program and products, know key players & know own role. Display understanding of WBG policies and procedures relevant to the area of assigned responsibilities and be able to apply/implement them
• Client orientation – Exhibit good communication skills, positive and professional client service attitude, able to understand client needs and complete them professionally
• Learning, knowledge sharing and communication – Good English language skills, both verbal and written. Able to learn and share knowledge/information across the unit.
• Drive for results – Able to take personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed upon results and demonstrate personal organization to do so.
• Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborate with other team members and contribute productively to the team’s work output, demonstrating respect for different points of view
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.