Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, ...), Projet/programme de développement
Job Description - Programme Officer (Cash and Voucher) (2100770)
Job Description: 2100770
Programme Officer (Cash and Voucher)
Closure Date: 27/Mar/2021, 12:59:00 AM
Organizational Unit: FAO Representation in Somalia, FRSOM
Job Type: Staff position
Type of Requisition: Professional Project
Grade Level: P-3
Primary Location: Somalia-Mogadiscio
Duration: Fixed-term: one year with possibility of extension
Post Number: 2008385
CCOG Code: 1A02
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
The length of appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to the extension of appointments
• FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
• Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply for this position
• FAO does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
• All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
• The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization.
The key mission of the FAO Representation in Somalia, which is led by FAO Representative (FAOR), is to assist and support the national government to develop policies, strategies and programmes aimed at accelerating the implementation and achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the area of FAO's global mandate and Strategic Objectives. More specifically, FAO's response aims to address national needs and priorities in achieving food security, reducing hunger and malnutrition, developing agricultural, fishery and forestry sectors, and ensuring the sustainable use of environmental and natural resources and respond to recurrent emergencies. In addition to wide scope of technical support interventions policy development, FAO Somalia is implementing several emergency, resilience-building and development interventions.
Since 2011, FAO Somalia Programme launched a cash and voucher transfer programme intervention as part of an emergency response to support rural communities' immediate access to food and to protect their livelihoods with provision of livelihood inputs. The FAO cash and voucher assistance (CVA) intervention has developed e-platform that encompass an integrated cash and livelihood assistance with accountability to affected persons (AAP). The incumbent will oversee the e-platform and technically lead CVA intervention.
The Programme Officer reports to the Emergency and Rehabilitation Officer and will work in close coordination with other programme and units in FAO Somalia.
Support the CVA programming portfolio of FAO Somalia; support quality assurance, provision of technical guidance and timely delivery of CVA interventions in Somalia; coordination with CVA stakeholders in Somalia.
Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate assigned programme/projects.
• Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programmes/projects; monitors and analyses programme/project development and implementation;
• Reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions;
• Assists in policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of impact evaluation or equivalent studies;
• Prepares various written outputs, e.g. drafts background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications;
• Undertakes outreach activities; conducts training workshops, seminars; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities;
• Coordinates activities related to budget and funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements) and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget).
• Coordinates with all stakeholders involved in policy dialogue on CVA programming in Somalia;
• Contributes to the conceptual development of FAO Somalia CVA programme;
• Provides advice and support to steer CVA discussions within the CWG and its subunits for better impact on rural households and livelihood;
• Coordinates with all CVA stakeholders in Somalia to deliver analysis and studies for optimal regional calibration of CVA in Somalia by bring in depth knowledge of structural, political and macro-economic conditions in Somalia;
• Ensures a timely and effective coordination among FAO Somalia Unit for Cash and Voucher interventions;
• Supports the improvement and deployment of CVA delivery mechanisms for timely and efficient delivery of FAO Somalia cash and voucher programme;
• Supports the development, deployment, and optimization of FAO Somalia financial management module for better tracking and visualization of all CVA programmes;
• Contributes to FAO Somalia's fund mobilization effort through liaising with the resource mobilization and strategy unit in the formulation of CVA concept notes;
• Coordinates the effective management of CVA budget allocations on FAO Somalia awards;
• Supports work on accountability to affected persons (AAP) in all FAO Somalia CVA programmes.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced university degree in business or public administration, social science, political science, international development, international relations, economics or agric-economics;
• Five years of relevant experience in project or programme management in chronic complex crisis and in cash and markets including large scale multi-donor CVA programme;
• Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
• Results Focus
• Building effective relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable;
• Extent and relevance of experience in the field of cash and voucher assistance in chronic complex crisis context;
• Extent and relevance of experience in programme/project formulation, analysis, planning and implementation;
• Extent of knowledge of planning and budgetary processes and associated tools for awards management;
• Understanding of FAO policies and programmes is considered a strong asset.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
• FAO reserves the right not to make an appointment
• Pension fund entitlements under the UN Joint Staff Pension Fund
• International health insurance; optional life insurance
• Disability protection
FAO encourages a positive workplace culture to increase inclusivity and diversity within its workforce. FAO applies measures in which all staff members contribute equally and in full to the work and development of the Organization. This includes:
• elements of family-friendly policies
• flexible working arrangements
• standards of conduct
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications and language skills;
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile;
• Once your profile is completed, please apply and submit your application;
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided on your online profile;
• Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications;
• Incomplete applications will not be considered;
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered;
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.