Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, ...), Projet/programme de développement
Opportunités de carrière : Finance Officer, NOB, El Obeid (140601)
JOB POSTING INFORMATION
Posting Date : 01 March 2021
Closing Date : 15 March 2021
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance and encourage qualified female candidates to apply.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Finance team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused Finance services? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver effective finance management solutions that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
At WFP, we are looking for an experienced Finance Officer to be based in El Obeid, Sudan, to be hired on a Fixted Term Contract at the NOB level.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 millionpeople assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currentlyrolling out its five-year Country Strategic Plan (2019-2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance througha hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilienceand School Feeding).
To support the stewardship of WFP’s resources, monitoring budgets, forecasting, analysing, reporting and providing core administrative support to enable effective management of funds, and ensure assistance to beneficiaries is undertaken in the most efficient and effective way possible.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Support corporate finance and resource management strategies and major ongoing programmatic initiatives, participating where appropriate using finance and resource management expertise.
2. Contribute towards the development of country specific plans and processes, aligned with Regional and wider WFP strategy, policies and processes to meet the food assistance needs of beneficiaries within the Country.
3. Analyse and report on key data for financial status and outcomes of projects in accordance with corporate governance requirements, ensuring accuracy, deadlines, and accounting processes are complied with.
4. Monitor and analyse budgets for new and ongoing projects according to established corporate procedures and requirements.
5. Perform bank reconciliations, disbursements, clearance of receivables, overall cash management and monthly financial closures on a regular basis in accordance with corporate requirements.
6. Where necessary, deliver core administrative services, working with contractors and following standard processes to provide cost-effective, quality and timely services to WFP staff.
7. Where necessary, undertake basic human resource functions related to staff benefits, recruitment of local staff, and training.
8. Collate and analyse data for the preparation of accurate and timely reporting, in order to provide management with financial, accounting and budgetary information to enable them to make informed decisions.
9. Track and analyse data to identify opportunities for improvements to policies, systems and procedures in order to minimise financial risks, improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations, and ensure services are aligned with business objectives.
10. Deliver financial controls and insight into WFP performance, undertaking periodic risk and internal control assessments to identify areas which may present potential audit, compliance or financial risks.
11. Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
12. Represent unit/CO at internal meetings, external meetings and events with other UN agencies, banks and other financial institutions, or other partners and entities as required.
13. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
14. Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : Advanced University degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields, or First University degree in the same subject(s) with additional years of related work experience plus membership in an international recognized professional accountancy body such as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Certified Public Accounts (ICPA) or equivalent.
Experience : A minimum of three years of relevant professional experience in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields is required for holders of an advanced university degree, or five years of relevantprofessional experience in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields is required for holders of a first university degree. Additional years of experience and training will be an advantage.
Language : Fluency in both English and Arabic (Written and oral)
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has experience reviewing and analyzing financial statements.
• Has experience implementing accounting and internal control processes.
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
• In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
• Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY :
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Closing date : 15 March 2021
• Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
• This position is open ONLY to Sudanese nationals;
• WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status;
• WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruiting process;