No matter your dreams and ambitions, Maersk offers exciting career opportunities in a truly international working environment. When you join Maersk, the world becomes your workplace. You will feel the diversity and dynamics of our international business from day one. We commit to providing possible best development and career growth to all our employees through digitalized learning ways in order to keep them up with development of technological changing.
In Maersk we are on a vision to become The Global Integrator of container logistics - connecting and simplifying our customers' supply chain. You will join a truly ground-breaking journey striving to continuing to strengthen the focus to become a truly customer-centric company, serving our customers' individual needs.
We are currently looking to hire a WND Shift Supervisor to join our team in Lagos. He/she will be responsible to supervise the running of a safe and efficient operation, working within clear guidelines to help achieve defined outcomes for the site and the customer(s).
In addition to the main duties and responsibilities listed below the Warehouse Shift Manager will be expected to perform other duties commensurate with their skills and abilities.
A career at Maersk means working in a culturally diverse, performance stimulating environment. You’ll be part of a rich heritage and a youthful and exuberant logistics company that aims to be an inspiring and challenging place to work. We believe that a successful career includes a variety of experiences that stretch you, take you out of your comfort zone and offer you an opportunity to grow in ways that also build your business.
The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees; you are valued as part of our team.
• Implement actions as directed to reduce or eliminate health and safety related risks
• Ensure the team applies the Safety Standards and relevant guidelines
• Report and investigate incidents within the work place and respond to or escalate issues of non compliance to safety regulations and procedures
• Supervise day-to-day warehouse's team performance, including achievement of agreed customer KPIs Conduct performance reviews and coaching
• Support management with resource planning and management e.g. implement agreed processes to review performance, monitor absence and sickness and address issues within clear guidelines• Support the recruitment, appraisal and disciplinary / exit processes and provide recommendations, and take corrective actions for under performance
• Support the environmental agenda and continuous improvement activities to increase environmental efficiency
• Planning of the warehouse operations
• Taking care of warehouse productivity
• Securing safety environment for all warehouse employees
• Inventory management and stock accuracy
• Material management
• Improvement of the existing processes and implementation of new processes
• Coaching new team members
• Supporting our growth in Maersk warehousing
• Develop and maintain a culture of continuous improvement in all site operations.
• Implement the required security measures to protect the site premises, including the safety of personnel, assets and of the customer's product for the required area
• Investigate all relevant security risks and implement identified mitigation, where necessary having proposed mitigation options to your line manager for agreement
• Continuously contribute to the improvement of procedures to better achieve the prescribed outputs
• Regularly update the operational training matrix / plan as required
• Participate in customer, regulatory and internal operational audits as required and work with the team to implement the agreed action plan
• Respond to or escalate customer issues within clear guidelines and recommend solutions
We are looking for
Previous experience in operational warehouse Supervision and team leadership is required
• Health and Safety certified or equivalent
• Experience in managing continuous improvement
• Communication and relationship building at all levels (Customer, Management, Operations)
• Ability to lead, direct and motivate across all departments
• People management and stakeholder management skills
• Understanding of Employment Law
• Understanding of WMS , VNA, material handling equipment