Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, ...), Projet/programme de développement
Opportunités de carrière : Logistics Assistant (134741)
Job Title : Logistics Assistant
Job Level : SC-4 (Service Contract) / National Position – Open to Cameroonian citizens only
Number of openings : 01
Unit/ Division : Supply Chain / Logistics
Contract duration : 12 months
Duty station : Meiganga, Cameroon
Assisting almost 100 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
Our mission is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives. Present in nearly 80 countries, the organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to nutritious food and contribute to the lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas. Nearly 40 percent of Cameroon's population still live below the poverty line and human development indicators remain low. Classified as lower-middle-income, the country ranks 153 out of 188 according to the 2015 Human Development Index. The 2015 Global Hunger Index (GHI) ranks Cameroon 68 out of 104 with a score of 24.2, placing it in the “serious” severity level of hunger. To help Cameroon achieve zero hunger, WFP works with the Government to establish long-term interventions to improve the resilience of vulnerable communities in Far North, North, Adamaoua and East regions. Forty (40) percent of Cameroon’s 23.7 million people live below the poverty line and human development indicators remain low. Poverty has a strong regional dimension concentrated in North, Far North, Adamaoua and East Regions.
In order to successfully implement the CSP in the Adamaoua region, several activities are implemented since 2018. Among these is to perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages. WFP Cameroon is looking for a person who is enthusiastic their skills, knowledge and expertise in relation to these monitoring activities in the Field office and Country Office in the implementation phase of the WFP Cameroon Country Strategic Plan (CSP) 2018-2021.
Why work with us?
• WFP provides food assistance to more than 86 million people in 83 countries, including Cameroon. Your work will have a positive impact on lives of the world’s most vulnerable people.
• You will join a diverse team of professionals and will have an opportunity to exchange your experiences with your colleagues and continuously learning from each other.
• WFP invests in the training and development of its employees through a range of training, accreditation, mentorship and other programs as well as through international mobility opportunities.
• Our team is growing nationally and internationally and the timing to join us cannot be better!
• Join us to make a difference, watch this video to know more about us!!
Key Responsibilities (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
At this position, you will :
• Receive, record, and verify Cash Based Transfer (CBT) invoices and ensure timely transmission to the Logistics assistant for reconciliation purpose;
• Monitor and record the transaction data between the wholesaler and the retailers;
• Maintain the wholesalers and retailers shortlist record, and the retailers’ sales statistics vs. beneficiary’s use of money.
• Provide technical support to logistics staff of the sub-office, as well as to other UN and NGOs staff, including on CBT modalities;
• Participate effectively to the Cash Working Group at region level;
• Ensure that local markets/retailers in Cash Based Transfers locations are adequately supplied to meet the additional demand from the beneficiaries of WFP cash-based assistance;
• Ensure that retailers’ shop and warehouses are clean and allow for a proper storage of food items as per norms and regulations;
• Ensure the compilation of statistics related to supply chain activities, including retailers’ stock report, payments to the wholesalers or to the financial institutions’ commission, etc.;
• Conduct regular evaluation for the retailer in the Field Office;
• Support the Field Office by ensuring the effective coordination of logistics operations, including deliveries from supplying points (Ports and suppliers, warehouses) and deliveries to the final distributions points (FDPs).
Qualifications and Key Requirements
Education : Completion of secondary school education (GCE Advanced level or Baccalaureate).
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Transport, Economics, Logistics, Business Management, Project Management or Accounting will be an asset.
Experience : At least three years of relevant professional experience in CBT, logistics operations, transport, supply chain, warehouse management, database management.
Knowledge : Logistics and supply management, Inventory, asset and warehouse management, Database design, administration and maintenance. Cashed Based Transfer (CBT) knowledge is optional.
Skills : Experience with using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and common commercial accounting packages would be an advantage.
Language : Fluency in one official language (English or French) and working knowledge of the other.
Deadline for application Date: January 27th,2021
This position is open to Cameroonian citizens only
Terms and Conditions
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting an inclusive work environment in which diversity is valued and where no form of discrimination is tolerated. We aim to achieve parity in our teams in West and Central Africa.
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate based on HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.