Post Title : Communications Associate
Location : Yaoundé
Duration : 12 months
Contract Type : Fixed Term G6
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. With more than 18,000 colleagues worldwide, WFP works to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Cameroon Country Office
Since 1978, WFP has actively assisted humanitarian and development interventions in Cameroon. Between 2014 and 2019, WFP has provided lifesaving and resilience building, food and nutrition assistance to refugees, internal displaced people and local communities, which has contributed to stabilizing the food security situation among vulnerable groups in Cameroon in pursuit of Zero Hunger.
WFP now operates through its main office in Yaoundé, with five Field Offices in Maroua (Far North), Ngaoundere (Adamawa), Bertoua (East), Buea (South West) and Bamenda (North West) and three antennas in Meiganga (Adamawa), Batouri (East) and Kousseri (Far North) to ensure proximity with the beneficiaries. This position will be based in Yaoundé.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
1. Support in the development of editorial content including but not limited to feature stories, case studies, advocacy briefs, etc.
2. Support the design and execution of the social media plan in line with the Country Communications, Advocacy and Marketing strategy
3. Monitor traditional and social media and report relevant information to inform the development and/or evaluation of communications activities and strategies.
4. Ensure brand consistency with the organisation’s branding guidelines across social media
5. Research and stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools, etc.
6. Support the production of a range of communications materials including but not limited to newsletters, brief overviews, magazines, etc in terms of content and layout
7. Support the capacity building of WFP staff and cooperating partners within the specific technical area.
8. Liaise and interact with WFP staff to support aligned activities and a coherent approach to communications within WFP
9. Provide support in liaising with the government, UN agencies and other key stakeholders on joint events, meetings, press trips, etc. in line with the country CAM strategy.
10. Monitor and coordinate materials, schedules, facilities and clearances, and provide support for special events, and video/film, photographic and media projects.
11. Conduct clearly defined research and prepare reports and provide data that enables informed decision-making
12. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
13. Other as required.
Qualifications & Key Requirements
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Deadline for application: 10/12/2020
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.