Do you have what it takes to successfully develop your career as a Finance Business Partner at Maersk, a global industry leading company?
We are looking for a high-caliber individual to join our organisation. The role is within a great team, responsible for delivering first class business partnering support to all the business through the Southern Africa countries and Islands area.
We offer an exciting and attractive career, in an ambitious and
competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional
and personal development.
Our Area Finance Team works within a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees.
This unique position will get you early empowerment and management exposure as well as make you part of an exciting industry!
• Partnering: Work together with the management team of the assigned departments as well as across functions to improve performance in line with strategy.
• Transparency: Ensure high quality (i.e. comprehensive, actionable and timely) financial analysis.
• Product profitability: Assure that: a) monthly product PnL is of required quality; b) product profitability together with relevant commentary and profitability improvement recommendations are provided to stakeholders.
• Target setting: Own the budget / forecast target setting process. Structure challenging yet achievable targets and manage the buy in from the organization.
• Performance management: Be the analytical anchor point for performance reviews, drive follow ups and gap to plan closure. Challenge productivity and drive efficiency.
• Opportunity and Pipeline management: Review and analyze commercial plans / pipeline, identify gaps and opportunities versus targets, spot trends and jointly with the management devise action plans / corrective actions.
• Commercial effectiveness: Provide analytical support to convert commercial leads into opportunities and opportunities into services accurately invoiced and timely collected.
• Analytical tools super user: Master the financial systems and formalize business requirements to keep them relevant. Focal point for reporting standardization in alignment with Region and HQ.
We are looking for
The ideal candidate:
• Holds a Master-level degree in Finance or Economics, CA or CIMA.
• Hold 5+ years of work experience from positions within a finance business partnering environment, financial planning and analysis, performance management, financial controlling, or equivalent.
• Understand the Logistics business (e.g. Forwarding, Supply Chain Management, Shipping, Customs House Brokerage) and its underlying financial and accounting processes.
• Has capability to brainstorm and collaborate on a task and benefiting from synergies in skillsets.
• Is capable of conducting investigations, root-cause error identification, commentary collection, and coordinating Q&A.
• Has analytical mindset with the ability to synthetize complex and large amounts of data in actionable reports
• Is able to convey prioritized and understandable messages.
• Poses strong communication and presentation skills enabling you to engage and influence key stakeholders.