Leadon technical aspects of the Child Development Grant Programme the aim of whichis to support the development of an effective and equitable social protectionsystem and structures appropriate to theNigerian environment. To work closely with government and partners includingcivil society to ensure innovative approaches are explored, research areas areidentified and appropriate protocols developed. In this ensuring that lessonslearned and approaches are documented and effectively disseminated.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Provide technical leadership for the programme,including support to selected States in the development and oversight of cashtransfer mechanisms that deliver regular, reliable transfers in a way that isconvenient to the beneficiaries, with effective targeting and enrolmentprocesses.
· Deputise for the National Programme Manager in theabsence of the Deputy Programme Manager as appropriate.
· Ensure the timely provision of high qualitytechnical assistance to the programme and across consortium partners, includingappropriate coordination between the technical and operations staff, andlinking with Save the Children Member Head Offices or external technicalsupport providers as necessary.
· Participation in national level social protectiondiscussion forums and advocacy on social protection and cash transfers toengage with the government on policy and strategic issues
· Facilitate capacity building for staff, consortiumpartners, selected state governments and Federal government in management ofsocial protection programmes as well aspolicy and strategic issues, through training and mentoring, to enable them toconsistently deliver high quality interventions;
· Ensure that programme technical leads are workingregularly with, and building the capacity of State Governments to ensure thatcurrent information and indicators to monitor needs and performance areavailable and increasingly used to influence government decision making andownership.
· Oversee effective monitoring, learning andaccountability, including using the monitoring data at the programme level toimprove implementation and support the National Programme Manager to adjustplanning and implementation as required.
· Lead or participate in regular project meetingswith the technical, programme focal points across consortium members to ensureas well as with key programme stakeholders:
- Progress against technical plans are on track;
- Discussion of programme related issues andestablishment of coordination mechanisms to address these;
- Learning by the consortium from relevant best practice and assessing performance regularly against agreed programme objectives and indicators
- Sharing initiatives for capacity building withconsortium members, focusing at consortium approaches and methodologies;
· Provide technical support on ensuring value formoney on identified effective programmes and techniques and ensure programmesystems are flexible and responsive.
Ensurethat you work to the best of your ability and demonstrate high levels ofcommitment to Save the Children International and our vision, mission andvalues in order to ensure the objectives of your role and the country programmeare met. Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children Internationalresources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace. Comply with the requirements of Save theChildren’s Child Safeguarding Policy to ensure maximum protection for children.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Prior experience of designing and delivering cashtransfer programmes at scale
· Proven ability to work within or manage large consortiumswith a minimum of 4 years’ experience managing multi-agency programmes
· Demonstrable track record of meeting or exceedingprogramme targets, while maintaining technical quality.
· Ability to represent the programme at a policy and strategic level as well as toengage with and influence key stakeholders
· Demonstrated experience of working with nationaland/or regional level government structures to strengthen the capacity of thestate to take ownership for and deliver services.
· Substantial experience of working and living inAfrica, ideally with professional experience in Nigeria
· Proven ability to motivate and develop others
· Experience of building, leading and developing ateam of senior staff with different backgrounds and expertise
· Experience of solving complex issues throughanalysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in
· Commitment to and understanding of Save theChildren’s aims, values and principles
· Demonstrable understanding of Value for Money andDFID results agenda.
· Strong communication, and interpersonal skills inEnglish, with substantial experience in managing multicultural teams
· Highly numerically articulate with a track recordof data manipulation and use of spreadsheets and reporting systems.
· Self-motivated and results orientated.
· Highly diplomatic and emotionally intelligent withstrong oral and written communication skills.