We are seeking an individual who is passionate about shipping, has background in legal/claims/insurance, is teamwork driven and is above all customer focused, to join our team as Maghreb Claims Coordinator
If you want to make an impact in a dynamic business, a geography with strong growth aspirations, and you thrive by working under pressure then this position might be for you!
At Maersk, you’ll be part of a global team motivated by bringing commodities to people in every corner of the world. We do this through close partnerships with our valued customers. Our end goal is to simplify the lives of our customers. This is done through seamless processes, best in class digital solutions, and great customer service!
You will also be learning and developing in a truly international, values driven, open and engaging working environment, with unique opportunities for personal and professional growth.
In this role, you will gain industry knowledge, international experience, enhance communication skills and techniques relevant to Claims handling and Customer Service. This will deepen your potential and career development as well as contribute to your team’s and organization’s success.
The role of the Claim Coordinator is to process cargo claims in an efficient/effective manner, with special focus on Damage Prevention, longstanding/abandoned cargo while focusing on cost reduction and amicable settlements, and this in compliance with all company procedures and local regulatory requirements.
Your key responsibilities will also include:
- Build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Take full ownership of customers' issues related to Claims
- Act and communicate proactively and keep customers informed of any issues or changes in their claims file
- Address root causes and seek continuous improvements – constantly look for ways to improve work processes
- Ensure proper communication is carried our through agreed channels
- Act as an internal reference for shipping claims matters
We are looking for
- University Degree in a Business, Logistics or Legal related field
- Strong customer understanding
- Focus on constant improvements with a flexible mind
- Efficient, decisive, result orientated
- Energetic, self-motivated and dedicated
- Fluent in spoken and written Arabic, French and English. Spanish is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Result-oriented with strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong process oriented approach to work and excellent attention to detail.
- Team player who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Readiness to travel frequently within Morocco and abroad
- Prior experience in shipping and/or claims handling
- Background in maritime claims, insurances is a strong plus