Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, ...), Projet/programme de développement
Safmarine Sales Executive
Last application date: 19/2/2019
Safmarine Ghana is looking for an outstanding, driven and enthusiastic Sales Executive to join our Sales Team. In this role, you are expected to build sustainable relationships with customers to develop our portfolio of activities, increase our volume with profitable high paying cargo, improve our market shares positively whiles increasing our profits.
* Opportunity to work and develop in a demanding and challenging area.
* Opportunity to learn market developments in container business
* Understanding market and customer drivers.
* Improve commercial and leadership capabilities
* Interaction within cluster for best practice sharing
* Creating network with Centre organization
* Improve understanding of how best to generate profit for Safmarine
* Moreover, you will expand your customer network and enrich your market and product knowledge while enhancing the Maersk
Line's leadership position and contributing to the continuous success of the Maersk Ghana organization
• Be proactive and assertive.
• Strong drive to develop new businesses including new customers and/or existing opportunities.
• Develop customer value propositions for all appropriate business opportunities, sales to distinguish market presence by effectively probing and identifying needs to assist customers.
• Customer relationship management.
• Schedule and execute customer meetings.
• Clearly mapping stakeholders and understanding their needs.
Yield Management – Including D&D
• Create and manage specific customer plans allowing Safmarine to maximize its yield potential
• Provide free time and demurrage/detention waivers within delegated mandates and only as/when required.
• Keep abreast of market developments and report relevant information to Area Product Team, MAP and Sales/Commercial Manager
• Proactively assist Finance and Customer Service in clearing outstanding invoices and longstanding containers respectively.
• Individual Volume Targets.
• Individual Revenue Targets.
• Value Selling Certification.
• Continued use of Value Selling skills, tools and techniques
• Sales Leads.
• Customer Acquisition.
• Number of client activities assigned you as per Commercial Coverage.
• Planned client activities in SFDC (Salesforce.com).
• Business Plans.
• Number and quality of confirmation letters.
• Number and quality of customer value propositions.
• Open opportunities to be monitored and closed within a specified period.
• Adoption of SFDC (Salesforce.com) and all sales/commercial tools.
• SFDC minimum standards to be attained week in and out.
Value Selling through Pipeline Management
• Use Market Mapping to identify total potential volume for the customers in your portfolio.
• Qualify customer opportunities.
• Uncovering needs framework, understanding the various buying phases.
• Using and understanding the Value Selling methodology.
• Build strong customer specific value propositions linking Safmarine’s differentiators to customer’s pains/needs
• Actively use SFDC (salesforce.com).
Sales Meetings/Activity Management
• Prepare for Sales meetings with clear agenda and desired outcomes in SFDC.
• Follow the Value Selling principles.
• Always send out confirmation letters to customer after the sales meetings.
We are looking for
• Minimum requirement is a Degree in Marketing, Sales or Business-related course
• Minimum 5 years’ sales experience in shipping/logistics industry
• Apt knowledge of the maritime/shipping industry is required
• Proficient in Value Selling
• Possess a strong set of interpersonal skills
• A team player while taking responsibility for team and own performance
• Proficient use i.e. above average skill in the use of Microsoft excel, word and power point
• Possess presentation skills (able to highlight challenges and possibilities to stakeholders proactively)
• Possess people skills (using relationships for improvements)
• Persuasive and positive.
• Intense and driven, excellent negotiation, sales and analytical skills.