Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, ...), Projet/programme de développement
Immunization Officer, NO-B, Luanda, Angola, #109500 (Temporary Appointment for 4 months, Open to Angolan Nationals only)
Job Number: 519788 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Africa: Angola
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
How can you make a difference?
1. Accurate, complete and up-to-date programme/project management information is available for effective budget preparation, programme/project design, implementation, management and evaluation.
2. Project efficiency, effectiveness and vaccination coverage are enhanced through effective implementation follow-on.
3. Progress reports and project work plans are timely prepared, and effective technical support is provided in the drafting of donor, annual and other reports/project documentation related to EPI.
4. Appropriateness and completeness of financial and supply documentation as well as adherence to established allotments are ensured.
5. The capacities of Country Office staff and team work are strengthened through effective capacity building activities in the development, implementation and management of the Immunization Programme.
6. Knowledge sharing with donors and media is promoted.
7. Effective communication, networking and collaboration are achieved with internal and external partners.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
University (Bachelor's) degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Social Sciences, Medicine, Health, Public Health, Family Health, Child Development, Nursing, or a field relevant to international development assistance in Immunization and Child Survival & Health Care.
A minimum of two (2) years of relevant professional work experience. Experience working in the UN or other international development organization (for IP). Field work experience (for NO). Experience in knowledge management. Training and experience in social welfare, or Immunization/health care.
Fluency in English and Portuguese is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Closing Date Thu Feb 21 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0100 (Afr. centrale Ouest)