We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
- A unique opportunity for personal and professional development in a team of 11 professionals managing a portfolio of ~1 bn USD per year
- A procurement career while building a strong platform for a future career within Maersk, both nationally and internationally
- Accountability and opportunity to deliver impact regardless of tenure
- Ability to get familiarized with global operations and create global impact
- A fast-paced and dynamic environment with a distinct respect for the individual
- An international team with likeminded young top talents
- Responsibility from day one
You will be expected to:
- Own a portfolio, e.g. a sub-region of Africa spanning multiple categories (terminals, authorities, trucking, rail, depots, equipment maintenance and repair, etc.)
- Drive your own work module independently, while being part of a team
- Solve problems in a structured and analytical manner
- Conduct tenders and negotiations independently
- Manage internal and external stakeholder relations
We are looking for
Someone with the following:
- At least 4years experience with a background in either procurement or management consulting with proven track record from a university degree
- Strategic and out of the box thinking with ability to create seamless and creative solutions to challenging goals
- Strong personal impact with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work across functions and disciplines and engage or influence suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Strong independent drive to achieve success in your work
- Aptitude for leadership and inspiring others to excel
Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese is a benefit but not a requirement.
Travel within Africa is expected and required in this role; approximately 1-2 times per quarter.